Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Series

+5
Albert C. Shadowfax
Twilight Sparkle
Spitfire
Sky Cloud
Fluttershy
9 posters

Go down

Halo Series Empty Halo Series

Post by Fluttershy Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:41 pm

For all you Xbox 360 fans out there, I have created this topic so you can discuss, what has been considered to be, the greatest FPS of the decade. I'll start the topic off with something practical.

The argument that the Arbiter is forced to use his left hand in battle when using an energy sword, yet during halo 2 we clearly see the Arbiter use his right hand. It's a resolved debate, but it doesn't mean we can't discuss it. Do you think they should have switched it to the left hand? They needed to switch it to the left hand for gameplay purposes, but I think it wouldn't have changed much and should have made him use his left hand. My opinion is only mine, so everypony express your own if you so wish.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 12

Character List:
Name: Fluttershy
Sex: Female
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Halo Series Empty Re: Halo Series

Post by Sky Cloud Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm

halo iz EPICS!!!! ive only played 3, wars, and reach.
Sky Cloud
Sky Cloud
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:26 pm

I have only and play only 2. It has the beginning of the arbiter, and yet I never knew about the sword thing. I'm not quite sure what my opinion on it is, but it's a cool fact I never noticed
Spitfire
Spitfire
Hydra

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Wildfire
Sex: Herm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Well I am, pretty much, a huge halo fan. I've played all of the halo games!
Halo: CE (Both PC and XBOX)
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo: ODST
Halo: Reach
Halo:Anniversary
But yeah. The extra armoured part attached to the Arbiter's right shoulder is meant to restrict the movement of his arm, forcing him to use the left hand for less resistance.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I never knew about the hand thing, but I know that if I was a game designer I'd look at the story team and go "seriously?" if they asked me about switching hands. Then again, perhaps that's why I'm a webmaster and not a game designer.

Anyway, this thread makes me feel like a bit of a geezer. I've only played Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 (never even got to ODST). I was a big fan of them at the time, and was very serious about mutiplayer, but my interest in FPSs waned about three years ago. I have great memories of the series though.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:I was a big fan of them at the time, and was very serious about mutiplayer, but my interest in FPSs waned about three years ago. I have great memories of the series though.

Me too. I still am, but I don't play as much. I think the internet has removed my gaming addiction as such, so I am here on a forum talking about My little Pony. If you talked about that on XBL you'd be laughed right out of the chat room.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight Sparkle Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Fluttershy wrote:
Me too. I still am, but I don't play as much. I think the internet has removed my gaming addiction as such, so I am here on a forum talking about My little Pony. If you talked about that on XBL you'd be laughed right out of the chat room.

This is part of why I do most of my gaming on Steam these days (what little I do - mostly just Skyrim).
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluttershy Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:
This is part of why I do most of my gaming on Steam these days (what little I do - mostly just Skyrim).

I mainly play retro games. I play some classics such as: Mega Bomberman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Megaman, Touhou (Although it's not really retro) and a few DS games, but I'm going off topic. Someone else can pick the new discussion about Halo.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Royal Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert C. Shadowfax Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Huge halo fan!!!
My favorite has to be Halo combat evolved (idk it has this hard A feeling to it!)

By the way, do anyone else think Halo 4 is a slap to the face? I mean come on, its not even bungie!!!!!!
Albert C. Shadowfax
Albert C. Shadowfax
Mascot

Character List:
Name: Arngeirr
Sex: Male
Species: doppelganger

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshougon Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Also a HUGE halo fan!
My favorite game is Halo 3, just because it was the first one i owned. I had played and beaten all the previous ones at a friends house.

I do not feel that Halo 4 is like a slap to the face and here is why:

1.Just because its not made by Bungie does not mean its not gonna be an awesome game.

2.The Halo series itself is pretty awesome, so if the story is terrible its still gonna be very fun.

3.This is probably the biggest reason in my opinion. 343 Studios is made up almost entirely of former bungie employees!
Roshougon
Roshougon
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name: Khaj'darrak
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert C. Shadowfax Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Still they killed off the flood and most of the coveint (may have spelled wrong) plus to me it feels like its going to become call of duty and sart realsing games almost yearly, I heard they plan on takeing it to halo 6?
Albert C. Shadowfax
Albert C. Shadowfax
Mascot

Character List:
Name: Arngeirr
Species: doppelganger

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 pm

We'll see, we'll see
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Brohoof! : 23

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Roshougon Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Well we can speculate all we want but as Shadefire said, We'll see.
Roshougon
Roshougon
Stallion/Mare

Character List:
Name: Khaj'darrak
Species: Khajiit

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:25 pm

Honestly, I only started playing Halo after 3 came out, so I'm not much of an expert on it, but from what I've seen in magazines and online, it could go either way, so again I say, we'll see
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes, we have a halo thread, I love this place all so much more now.

I played halo from the beginning, on XBC with CE and Halo 2 with the beginning of online multiplayer were the best times.
Halo 3's multiplayer took up most of my middle school life, all those map packs, I specifically remember buying Halo Wars limited edition almost SPECIFICALLY for the mythic map pack it came with, thats a $80 DLC!!!!!
Halo 3 ODST (still called it RECON when I played it) and the Halo 3 multiplayer disc, got the limited edition with the Reach Controller, LOVED IT, 1,000,000 points on gruntpocalypse in an 8 hour game.

Halo reach was my last venture into the series though, played through the majority of the campaign on Legendary Solo, never did finish the last one because I fell into what seemed like a depression when i got Mono then subsequently was diagnosed with a life threatening disease, turns out I don't have it and I'm all good! I stopped playing video games and sold the xbox a few months later and don't regret it too much, occasionally I want to play with my friends or think about the massive amount of money I sunk into it, but it's in the past now.

IMPORTANT STUFF YOU'LL ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT IS HERE
Nowdays video games are a very small part of my life but I did recently kick ass in a REACH tournament at a school lan party with someone who had never played before, we chose the name: BRONIES and had planned on losing within the first 2 rounds, surprisingly the leader of the party had to call to the stage, the Bronies!!!! Sadly, my friend is definitely not a fan of Mlp.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Star Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:20 pm

I love the Halo series myself and I try to play it a lot but my fan fic and school work got in the way. But my entire clan I conveted to bronies so we went from wolf pack to brony herd!
Shadow Star
Shadow Star
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Shadow Star
Sex: female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Shadow Star wrote:I love the Halo series myself and I try to play it a lot but my fan fic and school work got in the way. But my entire clan I conveted to bronies so we went from wolf pack to brony herd!

Buck yeah! Rainbow Dash now THAT's 20% cooler!
Moonlight
Moonlight
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Star Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Fluttershy wrote:For all you Xbox 360 fans out there, I have created this topic so you can discuss, what has been considered to be, the greatest FPS of the decade. I'll start the topic off with something practical.

The argument that the Arbiter is forced to use his left hand in battle when using an energy sword, yet during halo 2 we clearly see the Arbiter use his right hand. It's a resolved debate, but it doesn't mean we can't discuss it. Do you think they should have switched it to the left hand? They needed to switch it to the left hand for gameplay purposes, but I think it wouldn't have changed much and should have made him use his left hand. My opinion is only mine, so everypony express your own if you so wish.

My being an elite fan I have read everything possible about elites as if they were animals in the wild. I love them and grew attached to Ratas Vadam the elite ship master of the Shadow of Intent. Bungie I think should always keep the energy sword in his left hand due to the fact that the Arbiter is left handed. As so they say. To me that would keep the story more orignal. Just like how Ratas Vadam is missing mancles because of the energy sword duel he got into with his flooded infected loyal asstaint Shipmaster. Derpy Hooves
Shadow Star
Shadow Star
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name: Shadow Star
Sex: female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content