Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Derpmind
Aonee
Kattlarv
Admiral Stoic Rum
O. Hinds
Ironmonger
cb5
Valikdu
Scyto Harmony
Stringtheory
Katarn
iLateralGX
Moodyman90
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
Tytan
Harmony Ltd.
CamoBadger
23 posters

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:57 pm

You brought an unnamed mod to orgasm with words alone?
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Flufflepuff/Camobait:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Turns out he was "letting his dog out"...
If that's what they want to call it these days.

Edit: Mind you, I do that a lot anyway.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:01 pm

just because:

Kippershy wrote:Turns out he was "letting his dog out"...
If that's what they want to call it these days.

Edit: Mind you, I do that a lot anyway.
Giggidy. Luna
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Okay, right, I don't want to start a political discussion, but can any of you Americans explain to me what this Government Shutdown thing is? I don't understand, but I'm going to assume it doesn't actually mean your Government is shutting down.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Okay, right, I don't want to start a political discussion, but can any of you Americans explain to me what this Government Shutdown thing is? I don't understand, but I'm going to assume it doesn't actually mean your Government is shutting down.
Despite that assumption making sense, you're wrong.
Any non-essential parts of the government (such as national parks) would shut down entirely until everything is sorted out. 
I don't know the exact details of WHY it will happen, all I know is that it somehow involves the Obamacare bill, and funding shit.

Only part I care about: I won't get paid if it happens.

Last edited by CamoBadger on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Actually, from what I understand, it pretty much is.

Well, people are still going to work, they're just not going to get paid.

Yeah, you can easily understand why this may piss people off.

AFAIK, for example, military personnel are going to see a clear cut in their pays for the duration of the Sequestration, as with every other public servant (though I'm not sure Representatives and Senators are going to be touched by the measure...)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm

That sounds like total bullshit. Hell, it doesn't even sound LEGAL that they can do that.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm

By the way, given how this hurt the US interests, economic, social, and also military (these armies aren't going to finance themselves),

wouldn't it be legitimate to charge the Republican and other filibusters with Treason for continually delaying the budget and forcing a sequestration ?

(semi-troll, but yeah...)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:That sounds like total bullshit. Hell, it doesn't even sound LEGAL that they can do that.
It's either that, or everything slows down to a point that nothing can ever get done. It's not that they're CHOOSING to do it so much as they have to.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Hell, it doesn't even sound LEGAL that they can do that.
Congress : "I AM THE LAW!"

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, given how this hurt the US interests, economic, social, and also military (these armies aren't going to finance themselves),

wouldn't it be legitimate to charge the Republican and other filibusters with Treason for continually delaying the budget and forcing a sequestration ?

(semi-troll, but yeah...)
If only we could...but that would just rile up regular citizens because of cries of 'totalitarianism' or some shit like that.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:https://i.imgur.com/J1gC7ji.jpg
Am I the only one that thinks those hips are freakishly huge?
I mean, each thigh is thicker than her waist.
It's just not natural at all.
I would agree with you if not for the fact I've seen girls with those kind of hips and thighs.

Artistic wise it's cause of Applebucking. But the girls I'm talking about got that way due to horse back riding.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 pm

camobait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm

swicked wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:https://i.imgur.com/J1gC7ji.jpg
Am I the only one that thinks those hips are freakishly huge?
Nah, you're not alone. But I thought it might be relevant to some people's interests.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Artistic wise it's cause of Applebucking. 
Which still holds the number two spot of "most horribly inefficient farming techniques ever devised", right after "wheat-threshing with your own compound fractures."
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:45 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 435477__safe_solo_applejack_humanized_animated_suggestive_solo+female_upvotes+galore_ass_wide+hips_applebucking+thighs_applebucking_artist-colon-x-dash-arielle
http://derpiboo.ru/435477
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 pm

I think I find that way more attractive than I think I should.
"Hot damn!" came to mind.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:That sounds like total bullshit. Hell, it doesn't even sound LEGAL that they can do that.
From a technical standpoint it's not cause the way they handle the budget nowadays isn't even legal.

A longer explanation is that it's a political gamble. What republicans are hoping for is a victory by gambling to defund the affordable care act. The problem with this gamble is to use a poker analogy they have nothing to gamble with and are mainly bluffing. A longer explanation is "Obama's not up for re-election you fucking idiot congressmen". The reason why this is in the long run is going to bite them hard in the ass is that most of the blame is going to be placed on congressional repubicans, then obama and only a small part congressional democrats. To make a extremely long speech short the republicans are handing democrats the 2014 elections cause they decided to bluff when they had no chips to gamble with. The last time this happened they actually did have something to gamble with. This time it's not going to work cause they're either going to have to give something equally as big to Obama to have "obamacare" defunded or they're going to lose the 2014 elections cause their popularity is going to take a shit.

Right now there's two republican parties. Tea party republicans and old school republicans. Old school republicans are politicians. Tea party republicans are more ideological. Old school republicans do not want the government to shut down cause they'll lose the 2014 election as a result. The reason being is that right now most of them are having to worry more about caucuses against tea party republicans than democrats. If the shutdown happens that further reduces their chances of winning in 2014. Right now if you're a republican in like texas the chances of winning is about 1/2 cause your primary threat is from your own party. If the shutdown happen then that reduces your chances by half of that. The democrats in texas want the shutdown to happen cause what that means is that the probability of texas turning blue in 2014 is around the ~50% mark. If the shutdown happens republicans in general are fucked cause now not only do they have to run against their own party in caucuses they will now have to run against a unified democratic party.

This is even worse for the 2016 party for the republicans cause the 2014 elections will transfer over into 2016 cause republicans would have to retake back a blue(democrate) texas. Which further reduces their chances of winning while at the same time running against their own party. It is not a good day to be republican cause this is not going to end well for the party.

Tl:dr; the republican party just commited political sepuku.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:54 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 602090_760728980623224_216484186_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 pm

"Democratic Texas"

lol

It'll be a cold day in hell.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"Democratic Texas"

lol

It'll be a cold day in hell.
The chances of it happening are pretty good, cause a governmental shutdown is a massive political suicide move. You don't EVER do that unless you have something to gamble with, which they do not. Historians in the future are going to want to have a time machine just to come back to this moment so they could slap the shit out of whoever thought this was a good idea.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

RoboRed wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 602090_760728980623224_216484186_n
"They once tried to ban Maple Syrup and the word 'Sorry'. That strongly worded (but apologetic, because the ban was probably my fault) letter I sent changed their minds."
^What Canadian politics sounds like to everybody else.

"Stephen Harper is pretty shit, yeah?" "Yeah." "Should we do something about it?" "Nah, might hurt his feelings."
^What Canadian politics actually is.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

@ CB5 : they already did it before, and from a distance it doesn't look like it did them too much bad, at least as far as the Republican voting base is concerned ("Who cares about the gubmint anyway ?! Shut it all down !"). On the other hand, my perception is that Texas, as a whole, is quite conservative. Or at least conservative enough that it would take more than just this episode to significantly change the balance from "markedly conservative" to "markedly progressive".

Maybe the Democrats can manage to win Texas in the coming elections, I don't know. I don't really follow American politics, nor do I care farther than "how will this affect Europe and the World at large ?". But I doubt this would mark the trend toward a permanent shift in the Texan electorate. It would take far more than that.

For starters, the whole birth control / sex-ed / abortion thing, and all that politico-religious stuff... This'll get in the way of Texas shifting toward the Democrats.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:19 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 18 Epic2013banneremailfinal
Dear Friend,

EPIC Evening, Dec. 8, 2013 Even in the fight to stand up for science, we’re reminded sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow, but you always go with the beat.

As Gov. Ann Richards said about Ginger Rogers, she did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

So in that spirit, we’re asking you to update your calendars as we’re pushing back TFN’s EPIC Evening to Sunday, December 8.

As it turns out, this is just one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for one of our heroes of science to take center stage. Literally.

As you may already know, our keynote speaker for this year’s EPIC Evening, Bill Nye the Science Guy, recently joined the cast on the popular TV show “Dancing with the Stars.”

Whether ballroom dancing is an art or a science, Bill’s formula is winning over judges and fans, and we couldn’t be more excited for him and the added exposure it gives to his advocacy for sound science education in our schools.

So we’re waltzing TFN’s EPIC Evening back a few weeks to Sunday, December 8, to allow Bill to both fulfill his obligations to “Dancing with the Stars” and still come to Texas.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this move may cause, but aside from the date change, all other event details remain the same.

So we hope you will join us for this EPIC celebration on Sunday, December 8, at the Westin Austin at The Domain. If you haven’t done so yet, you can secure your sponsorship today!

As always, if you have any questions about TFN’s EPIC Evening, please feel to contact me or Shana Creeger at 512.322.0545 or shana@tfn.org. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Kathy Miller
President, Texas Freedom Network

P.S. Feel free to bring your dancing shoes. You never know.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:24 pm

@ Rum :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRrfnvGQG1I
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Considering my opinions on politics tend toward the Libertarian side of things (somewhat necessary for someone who likes guns and small government but also social equality and also the cock) I tend towards the "fuck both sides" view on things.

Off-topic, but a thought occurred to me.

In Dune, personal deflector shields (so-called "Holtzman shields") are ubiquitous. They completely stop objects moving above a certain speed, making bullets useless. Lasers are handwaved away with "feedback" that causes both devices to violently explode (despite the fact that the laser, a one-way projector, should not be receiving any sort of input from the shield whatsoever). They'll even stop knives moving too fast, eliminating the most common real-world knife-fighting style, the artistic and highly technical "Prison Yard Rush", also known as "Gut the Fucker" and "Go Apeshit" (the folks at No-Nonsense Self-Defense hold that this is just about the only way you're likely to see a knife actually used in a street-fight)

The end result is that most combat, even on the full-scale army level, is done through protracted, stylized knife duels wherein the attacker must slow his or her knife down significantly at the last moment to allow it to slip through the shields. Knife fights (rather than being bloody, grizzly affairs that are over in seconds and are likely to leave even the survivor carved up and near death) are spectacular affairs that can last minutes or even hours, resolved in the end by a single, precise strike. Soldiers are ludicrously determined fanatics obsessed with honor, and all of the main characters have few personality traits beside "Super-special because they're nobility" and "a super-special awesome fighter"

If you're thinking "Well, Frank Herbert, you've managed to turn feudal warfare into a Shonen Anime decades before the latter genre was codified", well, you're right. But my thought was that, since shields are calibrated to let slow-moving objects through so air can pass through, it's a wonder why no one ever turns their shields up to stop everything from coming through, puts on a rebreather, and becomes The Juggernaut. One could say "power issues", but power's clearly not a concern for shields. Anything faster than a knife is effectively useless forever because the author fuckin' said so.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:@ CB5 : they already did it before, and from a distance it doesn't look like it did them too much bad, at least as far as the Republican voting base is concerned ("Who cares about the gubmint anyway ?! Shut it all down !"). On the other hand, my perception is that Texas, as a whole, is quite conservative. Or at least conservative enough that it would take more than just this episode to significantly change the balance from "markedly conservative" to "markedly progressive".

Maybe the Democrats can manage to win Texas in the coming elections, I don't know. I don't really follow American politics, nor do I care farther than "how will this affect Europe and the World at large ?". But I doubt this would mark the trend toward a permanent shift in the Texan electorate. It would take far more than that.

For starters, the whole birth control / sex-ed / abortion thing, and all that politico-religious stuff... This'll get in the way of Texas shifting toward the Democrats.
Actually Texas is pretty split.  As someone who lived in texas for 22 years the reason why they're so republican is they're huge cheating fucktards when it comes to politics in texas.  If texas had fair non-rigged elections they would flip flop back forth, but they don't so they're not.

The reason why texas may go democrat in 2014 is if the governmental shutdown happens is that it will piss off voters so much that even with a rigged election it will still be a pretty close battle.  You should hear some of the shit that goes down in texas politics.  Perry tried with the wendy davis thing to completely and totally ignore the law to try and push the vote.  I'm not even talking a little thing, I'm talking if it was any other state he would have been removed from office and investigated.

Tl:dr; Texas is pretty split voter wise, but the elections are rigged as fuck.
Mister Frost wrote:Considering my opinions on politics tend toward the Libertarian side of things (somewhat necessary for someone who likes guns and small government but also social equality and also the cock) I tend towards the "fuck both sides" view on things.
Yeah, I may have a different political ideology, but yeah. . . fuck both sides.

Last edited by cb5 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm

@ Frost : Well, as far as I'm concerned, Dune is Fantasy-with-starships, and not hard-science-fiction, so I give it a pass as far as privileging style over practicality goes.

Considering the whole thing is more of a vessel for the author to talk about his philosophical and political ideas than anything else...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Hell, most of the plot of Dune revolve around mystical ideas and mysticism in general.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next