Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Citizen

4 posters

Go down

Star Citizen Empty Star Citizen

Post by Aonee Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:36 pm

To start off, for those of you who don't know what Star Citizen is, [url=https://robertsspaceindustries.com/]here's[/url] a link to the site. Its planned to be a large-scale, persistant online universe about space and whatever you want to do in it. It's set about 900 years in the future, where the United Empire of Earth has seen some shit go down. One of the big things about SC is that its raised over 16 million in crowdfunding so far, and that number is still rising. All in all it's looking to be a great game.

In other news, the Hangar module just released. Rainbow
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Star Citizen Empty Re: Star Citizen

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

Ah yes, Star Citizen. I'm watching several space sandbox games and this one is definitely one of the most interesting.
I've been waiting for a decent space game that'd allow you not only fly the ship but also play as the pilot outside the ship when you land. Now, if they made the game in a way that you'd be able to play as the pilot on planets and space stations as much as you can with your ship (doing missions, getting better armors and weapons and all that stuff) and even incorporate it into the single-player storyline, now that'd would be awesome.
But I'm probably asking too much, that'd be basically two games (and maybe even genres) in one. Spike
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 71

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 am

I think that's what they are doing, but to a lesser extent compared to space stuffs. But, I'm not sure.

Star Citizen looks like what Freelancer was supposed to be, and more. I'm definitely looking forward to it, I loved that game.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Formis_God wrote:Ah yes, Star Citizen. I'm watching several space sandbox games and this one is definitely one of the most interesting.
I've been waiting for a decent space game that'd allow you not only fly the ship but also play as the pilot outside the ship when you land. Now, if they made the game in a way that you'd be able to play as the pilot on planets and space stations as much as you can with your ship (doing missions, getting better armors and weapons and all that stuff) and even incorporate it into the single-player storyline, now that'd would be awesome.
But I'm probably asking too much, that'd be basically two games (and maybe even genres) in one. Spike
Actually, check,  check, and check. You can customize your pilot to your leisure, launch a smaller ship out of the big ones for short range defense, and even be in boarding parties or buy land/homes planetside. The single player game doesn't directly influence the multiplayer other than how you start, as you use the same character, but it is in the same universe.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Aonee wrote:Actually, check,  check, and check. You can customize your pilot to your leisure, launch a smaller ship out of the big ones for short range defense, and even be in boarding parties or buy land/homes planetside. The single player game doesn't directly influence the multiplayer other than how you start, as you use the same character, but it is in the same universe.
That's almost getting there, but I mean a full-fledged pilot gameplay. As in, being able to do stuff "on-foot" I'd be able to do in a regular RPG.
Talking to people, doing work for them, collect items and stuff (for both me and ship if possible), improve my pilot's skills etc. And of course the storyline involving both ship and "on-foot" passages.

Still, even if that all won't be there, the stuff they already have for outside-of-the-ship gameplay is more than any other space game.
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm

I don't  know much on-foot stuff the campaign will have, but I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to play the game in multiplayer without even owning a ship. The out-of-cockpit play will be fully developed. Also, it won't have many RPG elements like levels and character stats, instead opting for player skill. Same goes for ship mounted equipment.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 pm

Aonee wrote:I don't  know much on-foot stuff the campaign will have, but I'm pretty sure that it will be possible to play the game in multiplayer without even owning a ship. The out-of-cockpit play will be fully developed. Also, it won't have many RPG elements like levels and character stats, instead opting for player skill. Same goes for ship mounted equipment.
Well if they can pull that off, it's gonna be the (almost) perfect sci-fi RPG. Big mac 
I'm not a fan of stats either, just listing typical RPG elements. Stats are overrated anyway, I preffer to do stuff on my own instead of relying on numbers (Don't anyone of you try to take it literally, you know full well how I meant it. Spike)
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Formis_Fluttergod Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm

So, just a suggestion...
Since it seems that promising-looking Space-RPG/Simulator/Sandbox games are popping up like mushrooms after rain lately, though they aren't as big projects as Star Citizen, how about we made this thread into an all-in-one for all of them for the time being?

Spoiler:
Formis_Fluttergod
Formis_Fluttergod
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm cool for that.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 pm

[url=https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game]If you guys want more information on Star Citizen.[/url]
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:46 pm

So Star Citizen has a trailer showing off their customization options for ships. It's in the style of a car commercial.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down