Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Equestrian Armored Division

+5
Fuzzy
Vergil
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
RoboRed
9 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 7 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Now this is what I call teamwork.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Royal Equestrian Armored Division - Page 7 Empty Re: Royal Equestrian Armored Division

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Finally got my hand on the AMX 12t ! Woohoo !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 pm

"You do nothing" he says to the guy with (at the time) the only kill on the team...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 pm

i kno rite Applejack 
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Man, the AMX 12t is a difficult beast to play, that's for sure.

Anyone has any pointer to offer ?

On a related note, I'm learning to loathe the "Karelia" map, at least when it comes to play scout. There's not a lot of options for evasive maneuvers there.

Unrelated : there's a new map that has been introduced it seems. Stumbled upon it with the ELC today. It's an arctic map, seemingly Russian given the name.

The fight was really brutal, there's not much cover outside of certain roads, and the center of the map seems quite exposed. I hope it's not going to turn into El Halluf, Winter Edition...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Unrelated : there's a new map that has been introduced it seems. Stumbled upon it with the ELC today. It's an arctic map, seemingly Russian given the name.

The fight was really brutal, there's not much cover outside of certain roads, and the center of the map seems quite exposed. I hope it's not going to turn into El Halluf, Winter Edition...
I don't think so. Most games I've played on it had one team steamroll the other and otherwise it's just a slaughter for both teams because nobody knows what to do.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm

That was my impression as well.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:43 pm

There's not a lot of cover on that map at all.

I just play opportunistically as per usual, and it generally keeps my ass alive.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Yeah, but you play TD, so that's pretty much the only way you can win, right ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

TD and Meds.

I do the same with my IndienPanzer.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm

My only experience with that map so far, if anyone is interested in analyzing it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:02 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:My only experience with that map so far, if anyone is interested in analyzing it.
...Whelp, that ended quickly.

I would have turned as sharply as possible to the right the moment that JagdPzIV appeared. You might have been able to drive faster than his traverse speed. No point in shooting him, just get the hell out and RUN. Still, not much time to react there.

Anyways...

I got my Leopard Prototype.Twilight Sparkle My last game in the IndienPanzer was, as usual, another crazy sendoff. Tier 10 match, Prokhorovka, bottom start. Everyone steadily took position on either left side or town. Myself and a Centurion 7/1 went hill. Then everyone sat still there for about a minute and a half with nothing going on. It was at that moment my crazed little mind realized: there was little likelihood of me living through the battle anyways. Then I formed a plan...

RoboRed: "...You know something?"
RoboRed: "I have stopped giving fucks."
Centurion 7/1: "?"
RoboRed: "ALLAH"
Tiger II: "NO ONE MOVE"
(Too late, bud.)

And so I charged down the hill, full steam, taking and dodging hits (caught fire once, too), while lighting up the guys sitting on the island, who promptly started taking fire from my team. Also, I managed to live long enough to seriously injure a Tiger II and an IS-4 who fell in the water and fucked up his tracks. I didn't stay for the entire match, but...

I got third place in exp, by sheer virtue of spotting damage:

Parting message:
"And that is why I stopped giving fucks. You can thank me later."

I also had one hell of a game in my AT15 and AT15A. Also made enough kills to get the massive credit bonus.

this is what happens when all fucks are disengaged:

Lastly, I got my M3 Lee. Btw, sorry I couldn't plat with you, Ketchup. Wanted to later on. A spot opened, then Vergil had to go, then I had to go briefly and when I came back, you were gone.

Anyways, have some replays:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ik5hu2sckqoy07
http://www.mediafire.com/?2if8bskdyetaicg
http://www.mediafire.com/?ed5rfz4i8dfwy1b

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

...That was weird...the spoiler boxes were completely broken just a moment ago...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am

You know what's always broken ? Your rolling signature quotes. Until the page finish loading, it always display in full and block the first parts of the following post.

FYI
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 am

FYI: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/20/8_8_Update_Press_Release/

Wargaming wrote:
Tankers!
Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today issued a press release that revealed the first details of the 8.8 Update for World of Tanks.

"Update 8.8 will introduce some very cool new machines into the Soviet and German lines," said World of Tanks Producer Mike Zhivets. "Strengthened with the addition of even more medium and heavy vehicles, the game's roster will offer players extra variety, while the rebalance within the German line will provide for a more well-rounded experience."

The update will bring an alternative branch of Soviet medium tanks, starting at tier VI. This new line will include the A-43 (tier VI), the A-44 (tier VII), the Object 416 (tier VIII), and the Object 140 that will take its place as the nation’s top medium tier option.

Fans of the German tech tree will see the debut of two new vehicles: the tier IV DW Heavy Chariot and the tier VI VK3002 (M) medium tank. The VK3001H heavy tank will be moved to tier V, undergo rebalancing, and become a heavy tank, just as the VK3601H.

The 8.8 Update will also introduce two new Chinese premium machines, the tier VIII T-34-3 medium tank and the 112 tier VIII heavy tank, as well as a new battle arena with autumn setting: Tundra.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 am

Maybe they should first focus on putting non-premium tanks in the Chinese tree instead of, well, doing the contrary ? No ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 am

IIRC their chinese branch does those tanks, so it's up to them.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 am

I mean, so far the Chinese tree is the most pathetic of all six concerning vehicle diversity.

But I suppose designing a tree, making the vehicle models, balancing, etc... takes time, so whatever.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Glorious Chinese knockoff tanks. Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Heh. At least they aren't BAD vehicles, from what I've heard / been able to see in matches. The soviet knock-off medium are pretty good at what they do.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Oh, I'm definitely not saying that. Vergil swears by his IS-2 and 110, and I've seen him use them really damn effectively.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 pm

The Chinese didn't have many indigenous tank designs in the periods represented in WoT. As such, there isn't much they can really add.

The fact that they have the same alien turrets as the Soviet line in some later vehicles makes them annoyingly bouncy.
Damn those Type 59s. Damn them.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:33 pm

I'd like to have a Type 59, but I see not only is Premium, it's not available from the shop.

Oh also in unrelated news, grinding the AMX 12t is going to be annoying as so far I've consistently lost money playing it.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzy Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 pm

That new tier 10 Russian one is an absolute trolltank with that frontal armour and turret. In game wise, it's actually going to be damn near unbreachable from that angle.

So, WG, about that Chieftain then...

On the note, WG confirmed the FV215b HT will not be removed. Interesting...
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 68

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NgCmMMuecDRzbX05uIsZN1sN5HdH

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I'm not an expert, far from it, but I think this is how the ELC is supposed to be played.

AAR : (1) || (2)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Literally played Tanks forever today...and no robo =(
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm sorry. How much longer you gonna be on? I'm out with the folks right now, had work right before that.

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Lol, don't worry about it. Not sure but probably not too much longer.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:45 pm

What time you going to be on tomorrow?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Soon as I'm conscious most likely, x3 crew xp starts tomorrow.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next