Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Conviction Discussion thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Conviction Discussion thread

Post by swicked on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Last wrote:
swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:It gave me the weirdest boner.Crazy 
Oh come now, there's nothing weird about enjoying that whole sequence.
I did, too! Twilight Sparkle 
I've never seen you use yourself as the norm before Swicked.
I'm pretty sure I've said this before but, since everything I am, think and do is perfectly natural to me, I am (by default) the most normal person I know.
So yeah, what's your point? Have you seen me claim to be particularly unusual before? I don't really care for the idea that I'm anything special, really.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 960

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:34 pm

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:
swicked wrote:
RoboRed wrote:It gave me the weirdest boner.Crazy 
Oh come now, there's nothing weird about enjoying that whole sequence.
I did, too! Twilight Sparkle 
I've never seen you use yourself as the norm before Swicked.
I'm pretty sure I've said this before but, since everything I am, think and do is perfectly natural to me, I am (by default) the most normal person I know.
So yeah, what's your point? Have you seen me claim to be particularly unusual before? I don't really care for the idea that I'm anything special, really.
Yeah. Once or twice. And my point it was unusual and therefore worthy of note.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:00 pm

So...yeah...um...

Spoiler:
Poor Chase...damn...

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

CamoBadger wrote:((Wow, zebra incest is powerful shit))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:03 pm

RoboRed wrote:So...yeah...um...

Spoiler:
Poor Chase...damn...
Yeah, that was... tough, even though I saw it coming, I still wasn't ready for it quite yet.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name: Azure Sunrise
Sex: female
Species: Hippogryph

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:20 am

My face when the big fight started really getting going, then solid through the rest of the chapter, linked due to big image.
Gosh, I love this fic.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:20 am

That bearer of Honesty is frightening.

------------------
Aonee wrote:
jacky2734 wrote:((Aonee, don't make me invent a way to punch you over the internet.))
((If you do, I will invent a Korean technique to block it with someone else's face. And, construct more pylons.))

Mister Frost's friend, "Darren" wrote:"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."

Sindri wrote:This is a thread for fans of a fanfiction of a fanfiction about murderous miniature pastel equines in a grimdark post-apocalyptic future.
If you wanted to stay anywhere near socially acceptable, you should have taken a left turn about three layers of WTF back.

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:23 am

Kay, so, speculation regarding the elements' abilities?
Should this even be spoilered?:

They seem to grant a primary effect that mimics traits of the mane six, and a couple secondary effects unique to the pony bearing the element.
Rainbow Dash, loyalty, is fast. Pyra was fast and had pyromancy (or something).
Applejack, honesty, is strong. This stallion was strong, difficult to hurt and could sense lies.

The primary strengths of the rest of the main six are what?

Affinity (primarily with animals, but with foals, too, so it might be more dynamic than it looks) for Fluttershy. She can outright dominate with her stare, so I'm betting kindness' primary effect will be mind control.

Adaptability is Pinkie's. She has her Pinkie sense to let her tell the future, is always prepared for even the strangest of "emergencies", be it a spare eyepatch for a friend or a flying machine to chase down a griffin, so my guess is laughter's primary effect will be to flat out be unstoppable, yet not in any exploitable way. Think spider sense AND batman's utility belt.

Magic is Twilight's. Nothing to guess there.

Rarity... well, I don't know. Her best trait could be her discerning eye for detail, but she regularly looses that ability if the plot calls for her to be oblivious. She's meant to be generous, but the elements of "harmony" only really make ponies better at killing each other.
The only thing I can think of is her overpowered telekinesis (not that it can compete with Twilight's). She can lift and spin every object in her workshop during a musical number. She can heave Tom. With her cutie mark swapped she can arrange weather throughout the sky all by herself, accidentally conjuring storms in the process. For a unicorn without magic as her talent, she really does have a lot of raw power.
This still doesn't sound like a likely battle ability to me, though. What, would the bearer fight with dozens of separately controlled weapons at their disposal, a one pony army? Wouldn't help much against a shade, I think.

Then, of course, would come secondary abilities. Not sure what those would be, but they'd likely at least occasionally compliment the primary ones in some way.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:46 am

Also, has anyone else ever seen the movie "The Crow"?
I get the feeling the author is doing something here, or about to do something here, that relates to it in some significant way...

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 am

I've seen a couple. You mean the whole deal where the crow carries a soul back from the after life? Or I think that's what happens. I know the crow brings people back to life fuzzy on the details though.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 am

Ah, I did not realize there was more than one movie.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:53 am

They all pretty much follow the same plot. Just the circumstances of the main character's death are different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Well, I finally got to reading the chapter. Apparently, Honesty can be hurt by fire, and given how much I hated his fight scene (He won not by his skill or even his dumb, brute strength, but by handing the Idiot Ball to Chase and Slight) I'm looking forward to seeing him burn alive.
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Given pyra died to an attack even faster than her unnatural speed, I'd like to see honesty crushed under a weight even greater than his strength, original Terminator-style.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 am

Conviction fanart. Found when searching derpiboru for batponi: https://derpibooru.org/427373?scope=scpe7181168e61e53ba95297ebbfa2de4c5497643cae

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:26 am

That's some damn nice art. The ribbon does look cute on her.
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 502

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:53 am

Awesome. Looks like the manestyle I came up with did catch on.

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 am

I think it should be the other way around.
She's been a "fade" for far longer and no one in the world seems to acknowledge that they're still ponies on the inside. Celestia committed genocide on them. Followers of Luna consider them spirits.
They were only ever ponies to each other, and now there's just one left.

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:30 am

Oh wow, that is a a really nice piece. I like what the artist did with sword, it fits.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:56 pm

New chapter!!!

Oddly, the story didn't update on my favorites page for some reason. Had I not been looking on my blogposts/new stories tab, I wouldn't have even known that it updated. Anyways...

Spoiler:
Great chapter. Not a whole lot of action at all, but plenty happening. I like how Slight's ongoing reaction to Chase's death is written. The scene with the Celestian healer was definitely the highlight of the chapter.

Last edited by RoboRed on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

------------------
Aonee wrote:

RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:48 am

Cool, I'll read it soon.
I'd been harassing the author; he originally said the story would be out three weeks ago :P

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Just started reading this. Just wow. Anyone kinda think that Song is a lot like Psalm?
And why did Stygus attack Pyra as he was dying?
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Stygus attacked Pyra in an attempt to kill her. Her guard was down so he attacked, as a final attack it didn't work but it was worth a shot.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:38 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Just started reading this. Just wow. Anyone kinda think that Song is a lot like Psalm?
I wouldn't say that. Psalm very clearly knew or at least believed what she was doing was wrong she constantly begged luna to forgive. Goldie shows none of that. She does what she does for nightmare moon and that makes it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Last wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Just started reading this. Just wow. Anyone kinda think that Song is a lot like Psalm?
I wouldn't say that. Psalm very clearly knew or at least believed what she was doing was wrong she constantly begged luna to forgive. Goldie shows none of that. She does what she does for nightmare moon and that makes it right.

But both have almost blind faith in what they believe Luna/NMM can do. And wow, that EoH character.
Forgot to ask, but is this some AU where Celestia is ruthless? It just bugs me that she would allow a Kill-All order, even after defeating her sister.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
Last wrote:

But both have almost blind faith in what they believe Luna/NMM can do. And wow, that EoH character.
Forgot to ask, but is this some AU where Celestia is ruthless? It just bugs me that she would allow a Kill-All order, even after defeating her sister.
Psalm? Yes. Goldie? Keep reading. After blackrock it seemed she was more following Chase around because she had nothing to do or anywhere to go then blindly having faith in NMM.

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 am

Hmm. So now either she learns to live with Celestians, or try and vengeance her comrades by going afther the Elements. Methinks the latter. So we've seen three of them so far: Pyra(Loyalty), that badass(Honesty), and the cassanova(Laughter). Celestia is possibly (Magic). Wonder who the other two (Generosity) (Kindness) will be.
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:52 am

Just so you guys know, this whole story is meant to be a prequel of sorts to the events of another one of his stories (well, one he collaborated on), "Temple of the Stars".
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/57244/temple-of-the-stars

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:10 pm

So finally had time to catch up on the story now that finals are over with.

Chapter 9:

I really like how she damned Luna for what happened to Chase. It fit very well.

Loved the interaction with Summer, it was pretty funny at parts, especially with the name bit. The kinda sorta grief counseling was really good, nice to see her open up.

Also, anyone else get a since of foreshadowing from the italicized bit the beginning of each chapter? It was probably really obvious and I just didn't notice until now.
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by swicked on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Read the newest chapter finally.
Loved it so much <3

swicked
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guarddogjr on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:00 pm

So new chapter is out.

Spoiler:

Good chapter, more of Slight's anti-social bitchiness as well as her joining a party and having a, admittedly desperate, plan but a plan none the less. Off to Roam we go!

On the note of the party I actually really like Stray and Tom. Wonder how long it'll be before her past catches up with her and they find out.

Tom is going to have hard time dealing with Slight's combat isn't she?
Guarddogjr
The Chicken Man

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down