Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Wait, Blackjack masturbated in front of her? I don't remember that part.
From chapter 56, ante-penultimate page :

Spoiler:
Oh yeah. Forgot about that bit. Or more specifically, I didn't consider that Boo would be watching.
What a weird idea.
Now this just puts smut into my head.
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Has Boo ever seen masturbation or sex before? Maybe she's feeling embarrassed and confused because BJ just did a weird biology thing and it smells gross.

So I was thinking, Boo is cute and all but her name kinda feels like a pet name. When she 'grows up' and starts talking, (there is no spoon if,) anyone else think maybe she would want to change her name a little bit? It is common fandom that ponies sometimes change their name after they get their cutie mark.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Just finished reading. Took notes this time while I read to remember my points, however random or brief they may be.
Spoiler:

Somber wrote:Anyway, sorry.  I hope this doesn't become a legate thing, because I can't change it much.  I can add that comment about Dash's body if it helps though.
*shrug* I don't have THAT big of an issue with it, heavens no. And I read the explanation you gave. Meh, whatevs.

Kippershy wrote:For some reason, I really want some R34 art of Blackjack x Lancer now.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. And ditto for Glory x Splendid.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Wait, Blackjack masturbated in front of her? I don't remember that part.
From chapter 56, ante-penultimate page :

Spoiler:
HA! Oh god, I completely overlooked that bit! Priceless!Applebloom

Last edited by RoboRed on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:20 pm

So as I understand the going theory around here was Eclipse was princess Luna? Well that would be transformation magic... Anyone wanna take a bet on the SPP shield being special in that it not only has the ability to detect this type of magic but can dispel it as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

Transformation or a very powerful Illusion spell. That's my take on it.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Alicorn-level magic. Don't gotta explain shit.Trollestia
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Another popular fan story is a certain one called Cupcakes.Crazy

Also, I think I found a grammar error in Chapter 46. About four pages before the end of the chapter:

"What?" I asked as looked from him to the armour.

Should there be an I in there?
Ah, thank you, though I think that it's just meant to be armor (American/Commonwealth spelling differences).
edit: Are you sure that that was in 46?  I'm not finding it.  Oh, actually, here it is; it was already corrected.  Thank you anyway.

No, no, you missed the point, it's not the spelling of armor.  There should be an "I" in there between "as" and "looked".  The second clause lacks a subject.
Oh, sorry! Thank you for pointing this out. Unfortunately, the doc seems to be full at the moment, but I've noted this down for later.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:46 pm

FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, ugh, for some reason Gdocs thinks that pretty much every single word in Chapter 6 is misspelled.  It even offers suggestions!  "every->Did you mean Ebery?"
Check your language settings.  That usually means you accidentally got switched into German dictionary mode or something.
Huh, one can set language doc-by-doc?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Ugh, so busy. So busy and tired. Finally finished it, though. 

Not much to say, however I figure it's about time I get to that one Sombery criticism I've always wanted to mention but keep forgetting to:

Sometimes you establish a character being in a scene or saying something, then have Blackjack's thoughts wander for a while and then refer to the referenced character using a pronoun. This can be confusing at times and happens quite often.

Let me reference the beginning of this chapter for an example:

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” I shouted for the third time at the gray ghoul with the magnificent coiffeur.  At least this time we were doing it in the privacy of King Awesome’s bedchambers.  Seeing the body was the first thing I’d demanded.  I’d imagined that maybe this was some kind of joke or trick or… something.  Seeing him lying in repose on his bed… witnessing the relaxed expression on his face…. Damnit!  I’d liked the old stallion.  He’d been the first pony I’d ever been able to talk to about Goldenblood and the O.I.A.  He’d understood me!  And now he was gone and I was Queen and… “Tell me you are fucking kidding me,” I pleaded.
“Oh please.  As if I’d waste my good humor on such tacky comedy,” he said in fancy elocution.  “The King named you his successor soon after you departed.  And shortly before he did.”

Note the bolded "he" is referencing HT who spoke in the first line after BJ muses about several other characters and lines of thought. Of course BJ is easily distracted but it can be a bit confusing to the reader to recall who "he" is referring to (especially in this case since another use of "he" is referring to King Awesome). 

Anyway with that out of the way, I enjoyed this very much, not much to say really but I do like that Glorydash is being referenced bluntly (in a way) again. I was worried that everyone was getting too used to her not being herself.

Has she, at this point in the story, now been in Dash form longer than her normal self?

Edit: Holy crap when did the post edit thing change? It's nigh impossible to fix a bolding error now!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Edit: Holy crap when did the post edit thing change? It's nigh impossible to fix a bolding error now!

I have no idea when it happened, and it's annoying as hell, but there's a 'switch editor mode' button that fixes it.  It looks like a piece of paper and going left to right is the last button.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:49 pm

@FeatherDust:
And now I feel foolish. I've been waiting for 56 to clear up for nothing, as the error was, of course, in 46.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Ch. 56 Commentary:
Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:It has been suggested I think (or maybe I'm just inventing that on the spot) that Boo may have become "tuned" to Blackjack, which might explain :

- Why Boo can apparently see and hear things only Blackjack can.

- Why Boo reacted the way she did to BJ masturbating in front of her : it's in fact BJ projecting a feeling of shame onto Boo, which made Boo "feel" "embarrassed".

- Why Boo was distraught when separated from Blackjack for a long period of time : she's become a part of her, to some extent.

As for the weird luck of Boo... well, we know that she is born of Discord's blood. We also know that Blackjack got kissed by Discord. And it's become pretty evident that Boo isn't your run of the mill blank, but that there is something special about here - One In A Million. Blackjack's cutie mark also represent a game of luck and gamble. And if Boo got "tuned" into Blackjack...

I may be reading too much into that.
Well, it is possible Lacunae took some of Blackjack's mind and put it into Boo.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Ch. 56 Commentary:
Editing:
Ah, thank you as always. For various reasons, I've not implemented every change you suggested, but I concurred with most of your declarations of error.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by thatguyvex Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:25 am

Just finished chapter. Thoughts:

Spoiler:
thatguyvex
thatguyvex
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 am

Just finished the chapter . . finally.

I liked it, also didn't expect lancer.  Also the stone thing is interesting.  Blackjack should keep a hold of it, just in case.

Also I did not expect the little one of the three siblings to be such a utter and complete brat.  Good thing she's sure isn't being chosen.

Finally I have a couple of dollars spare in my paypal. How does one send donations through a email on paypal? I haven't done that before.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:21 am

I really love the reviews.  I got a great laugh right when I needed one Silent.  Even though the Glory thing has proved to be a bit of a mess... well... nice to know the complete chapter wasn't a wash.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 am

cb5 wrote:Finally I have a couple of dollars spare in my paypal.  How does one send donations through a email on paypal?  I haven't done that before.
I don't remember the specifics, but it's quite easy. There's a "send money" button somewhere in your account that will give you a place to enter the email address.

Somber wrote:I really love the reviews.  I got a great laugh right when I needed one Silent.  Even though the Glory thing has proved to be a bit of a mess... well... nice to know the complete chapter wasn't a wash.
...You know, I do hope that, one day, there'll be a chapter about which you say "Yeah, that was a good chapter, wasn't it?".
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 am

I will.  It'll be titled.  "Friendship."
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Bootleg Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:36 am

Somber wrote:I will.  It'll be titled.  "Friendship."
AND IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS! <Mhaura>HAHA!

Last edited by Bootleg on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Bootleg
Bootleg
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:37 am

Sounds like a penultimate chapter, or at least a book capper.  You've invested an incredible amount of time writing up to this point, and the rest of us have put in a ton of reading to follow you.  I have no regrets either, 101% worth it. I'll look forward to "Friendship" then, because if these chapters aren't what you would call good, then I can't imagine how much more awesome the awaited one will be.  Until then though, I intend to fully enjoy all the intervening steps.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 am

This is the equivalent of GRRM's explanation of how A Song of Ice and Fire will end, isn't it. =P I can't tell if it'll be a happy chapter or a subdued, post-storm sort of chapter, though, and I don't want to know ahead of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 am

I'm betting on "bittersweet".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:00 am

O. Hinds wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, ugh, for some reason Gdocs thinks that pretty much every single word in Chapter 6 is misspelled.  It even offers suggestions!  "every->Did you mean Ebery?"
Check your language settings.  That usually means you accidentally got switched into German dictionary mode or something.
Should hope so, for what it's worth. If you're handling things of different languages you don't want it to affect EVERY document you handle unless you do it at the root level.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:02 am

Unless they have changed it since two years ago, yes you can change that setting doc by doc.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 am

Caoimhe wrote:Has she, at this point in the story, now been in Dash form longer than her normal self?
No, she's been in her own body a lot longer than she's been Dash, even without taking into consideration the years before meeting Blackjack.
She met Blackjack some time around chapter three or four, perhaps five at the latest. From there, it wasn't until after Blackjack became a cyborg and even then it was only once they reached Hippocratic Research Labs (I'm sure) that they came into contact with the KJ.
So no, she hasn't.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:12 am

Oh, and as for the ending of PH, definitely bittersweet. The way I personally see it, there's no other fitting end for the story.
The things Blackjack has gone through, had to face with both herself and external threats, the lessons she's learned along the way and the struggles she's had to endure.
She's made her mistakes and taken more than her fair share of lives. There will be no place for a pony like her after it's all done, despite what anyone may want.
If she doesn't die, she won't be able to stop. She won't be able to simply give up trying to make the world a better place because even with all of her friends telling her otherwise, even with her quest done, the fact will remain that she will know that the wasteland isn't fixed and she'll forever have that niggling urge to do better and do what she can to help.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps Somber will make it a happy ending where in the end, Blackjack just lets go of it all and lives out the rest of her days in peace... but I don't see that happening. It doesn't fit the rest of the story in that it wouldn't feel right to me. It's going to be hard, but bittersweet.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:29 am

Kippershy wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
Should hope so, for what it's worth. If you're handling things of different languages you don't want it to affect EVERY document you handle unless you do it at the root level.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Unless they have changed it since two years ago, yes you can change that setting doc by doc.
Hm, thank you. Chapter 6 seems to have fixed itself now, though...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:05 am

Kippershy wrote:Oh, and as for the ending of PH, definitely bittersweet. The way I personally see it, there's no other fitting end for the story.
The things Blackjack has gone through, had to face with both herself and external threats, the lessons she's learned along the way and the struggles she's had to endure.
She's made her mistakes and taken more than her fair share of lives. There will be no place for a pony like her after it's all done, despite what anyone may want.
If she doesn't die, she won't be able to stop. She won't be able to simply give up trying to make the world a better place because even with all of her friends telling her otherwise, even with her quest done, the fact will remain that she will know that the wasteland isn't fixed and she'll forever have that niggling urge to do better and do what she can to help.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps Somber will make it a happy ending where in the end, Blackjack just lets go of it all and lives out the rest of her days in peace... but I don't see that happening. It doesn't fit the rest of the story in that it wouldn't feel right to me. It's going to be hard, but bittersweet.
To bring up Sandman: when the world changes around her, she herself has to change, or die. Either of those things can be VERY bittersweet, indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:26 am

O. Hinds wrote:...You know, I do hope that, one day, there'll be a chapter about which you say "Yeah, that was a good chapter, wasn't it?".
Somber wrote:I will.  It'll be titled.  "Friendship."
I hope so. I'll be looking forward to that day, even if it does happen to unfortunately be the ending. You've done incredible things, Somber, and I wish that you could see how incredible they are. I know I'm hardly one to talk, but at least I can try my best to make sure you know that I think you're a good person.

I'm sorry it's late as always, but at least I managed to finish it. Thank you again, Somber, Hinds, and Bronode for taking so much time to bring this story to life.
*hugs each of you gently*

Chapter 56 Commentary:
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next