Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Tacoman587
Silverink
Dambrony
Ditzy_Do0
Nightshade
Katarn
WovenTales
Plasticube
Snipehamster
Mr. Snrub
Technowolf
Downloaded Skill
Quotidian
Regolit
Bootleg
RoboRed
Vergil
Mister Nikel
CD
Luminous Lead
Somber
Admiral Stoic Rum
Exodus Hero
tylertoon2
Train Dodger
Moodyman90
FoolNeim
Evilgidgit
StoneSlinger88
thatguyvex
Meleagridis
Valikdu
Caoimhe
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
FeatherDust
SilentCarto
Cptadder
O. Hinds
cb5
Derpmind
Stack Trace
Kippershy
Icy Shake
Harmony Ltd.
49 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Luminous Lead Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:She could give the crown to Lancer!Twilight crazy
I think that's what her punishment for Lancer is meant to be.  It's devious, but totally productive.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm

SilentCarto wrote:That still doesn't quite make sense. While BJ was "out", Trixie had her running in and out of the E-field. If it cut off Trixie's ability to manipulate BJ and Trixie couldn't implant ongoing instructions, BJ should have suddenly frozen in the middle of the E-field until the memory orb ran out. And if she could implant instructions, then one of those instructions could easily have been "don't think about your broadcaster" or "keep on not telling anyone". At any rate, I thought Trixie laid that down as a standing order way back when BJ had her "Unity moment" over a box of magazines in the Star House.
Ah, but by now releasing the order not to think about it, the Goddess now gets a chance to gloat about how clever she is.  As for Blackjack not realizing that she still couldn't tell people, I put that down to Blackjack being Blackjack.  At least, that's how I'm explaining it.  Does that work, or do I need to have this issue reopened until whenever I can get the others together again to address it?
Also, sorry if I sound a bit annoyed. The original lack of explanation made sense to me, a bunch of people complained, we changed it, now apparently the explanation is wrong... Also, I've not had breakfast yet.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Kippershy wrote:And a typo which has no doubt been picked up on a million times now:

"and I couple practically feel" - could practically...
Nope, that's new. Thanks!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Man, is this a tough decision for Blackjack to make. At least Charm seems right out. All she has is the memory orbs to tempt Blackjack, and I look forward to BJ swindling her for them. Maybe have Scotch Tape torture her a bit more for them.

It's rather frustrating to see that Splendid has the best odds of ruling competently. His plans for increasing productivity just don't sound right for Blackjack to seriously consider him. Still, he's at least not as infuriating as First Citizen Lynette.

And Grace? Well, I just don't see her doing as well as Splendid, but she'd be a more or less harmless choice. Perhaps it's better if Blackjack doesn't think in terms of what the Society can do for the wasteland, but what she can do to make the Society behave, while she herself fights to improve the Hoof. It's just a pity all the infighting and assassinations could kill any 'right' choice in an instant.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks OAC. Nice to know that someone agrees with me to an extent, didn't really expect that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:25 pm

CD wrote:Man, is this a tough decision for Blackjack to make. At least Charm seems right out. All she has is the memory orbs to tempt Blackjack, and I look forward to BJ swindling her for them. Maybe have Scotch Tape torture her a bit more for them.

It's rather frustrating to see that Splendid has the best odds of ruling competently. His plans for increasing productivity just don't sound right for Blackjack to seriously consider him. Still, he's at least not as infuriating as First Citizen Lynette.

And Grace? Well, I just don't see her doing as well as Splendid, but she'd be a more or less harmless choice. Perhaps it's better if Blackjack doesn't think in terms of what the Society can do for the wasteland, but what she can do to make the Society behave, while she herself fights to improve the Hoof. It's just a pity all the infighting and assassinations could kill any 'right' choice in an instant.
When all choices are bad, sometimes the protagonist will take the third option.  Of course, in this case it's more of the fourth.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Train Dodger wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:I disagree here. I read it as the second one being part of "You trust everypony." Sorry.

No big deal. I like that line just fine the way it is. I hardly expect all of these edits to be accepted. It's entirely up to you to decide which ones to keep and which ones to toss. A good portion of these edit suggestions are borderline cases, anyway. Part of being thorough. I do go a little bit overboard, sometimes, but that's just because I don't want to feel like I'm missing anything that may need your attention.

Huh, just what the heck is a "micromagic cell", anyway? Something kinda like an MFC? I noticed that tidbit was cut completely from the description of Blackjack's haul.

Chapter 2:

Chapter 5:

Now these are forty foals you don't want as playmates:

Chapter 6:
Ah, thank you very much.

Also, ugh, for some reason Gdocs thinks that pretty much every single word in Chapter 6 is misspelled. It even offers suggestions! "every->Did you mean Ebery?"

Train Dodger wrote:Prose: The word "umbrage" is generally used in exactly the same way as "offense", as in "offended", which means it should be paired with the adjective "taking" rather than "showing".

Heh. Umbrage. Actually, you know, it's funny. For an idiot, Blackjack has an amazing vocabulary. I kid you not; in 53, the narrative actually describes something as diaphanous. Maybe all that taint and radiation is good for your brain!
Blackjack has no way of knowing whether he took umbrage or not, though; she only knows that it doesn't look like he did.

As for the vocabulary… I think that a lot of that is just us having difficultly not using big words. :)

Train Dodger wrote:Prose: This statement introduces a small continuity issue. She seems to be implying that they're trapped. As far as the reader knows, they can still make for the exit. See notes at the end of this overview for more details.
I've just deleted the offending statement. Also, in the future, please don't separate corrections like that (putting part of it here and part of it at the bottom of the post). I'm not really sure why you did it here, actually.

Train Dodger wrote:I thought Blackjack's objectifying gaze towards Splendid was hilarious.

Actually, given her history, it's not hilarious. It's a little bit creepy.
Hm, interesting point.

Train Dodger wrote:Heheheh, Ceiling Glory is Watching You Disembowel Blackjack.
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Luminous Lead wrote:I, for one, welcome the new Zebra overlord.

Dash clapping All my brohoofs, that was hilarious!

*Ahem* Sorry, but Queen Charity is best princess.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 pm

A thought occurred to me. Blackjack has previously expressed a child wish for when her troubles in the Hoof are over, but we know she's sterile as long as she carries her inhibitor implant. And now Glory, in heat, had sex with Splendid. What are the odds that she's been impregnated by him and is now carrying his foal? We might still see a happy ending with babies ever after for Blackjack yet.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:26 pm

CD wrote:A thought occurred to me. Blackjack has previously expressed a child wish for when her troubles in the Hoof are over, but we know she's sterile as long as she carries her inhibitor implant. And now Glory, in heat, had sex with Splendid. What are the odds that she's been impregnated by him and is now carrying his foal? We might still see a happy ending with babies ever after for Blackjack yet.

Judging by how often we see the question "Do you still have your implant" I suspect that the inhibitor implants might not be very hard to remove.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:59 pm

For some reason, I really want some R34 art of Blackjack x Lancer now.
Perhaps even giving him a BJ, for pun's sake.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Kippershy wrote:For some reason, I really want some R34 art of Blackjack x Lancer now.
Perhaps even giving him a BJ, for pun's sake.
Well, she's practically had his gun in her mouth several times now. It's getting to the point one should be telling the other that they have to stop meeting like this.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Just read 56. It's been a while but totally worth it. I like the old Rampage coming back too, even if it's partly a ruse.
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I have so many secrets... well, two really, but two secret spoilers...
Oh my, oh my. I don't know if I'm allowed to even hint at what either of them might be yet, but I'm going to admit that I know them.
Hate me, mortals, for I know things you don't.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:27 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Evilgidgit wrote:Another popular fan story is a certain one called Cupcakes.Crazy

Also, I think I found a grammar error in Chapter 46. About four pages before the end of the chapter:

"What?" I asked as looked from him to the armour.

Should there be an I in there?
Ah, thank you, though I think that it's just meant to be armor (American/Commonwealth spelling differences).
edit: Are you sure that that was in 46?  I'm not finding it.  Oh, actually, here it is; it was already corrected.  Thank you anyway.

No, no, you missed the point, it's not the spelling of armor.  There should be an "I" in there between "as" and "looked".  The second clause lacks a subject.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Kippershy wrote:I have so many secrets... well, two really, but two secret spoilers...
Oh my, oh my. I don't know if I'm allowed to even hint at what either of them might be yet, but I'm going to admit that I know them.
Hate me, mortals, for I know things you don't.
There are things mortals were not meant to know.

For example, what was the color of Thatcher's panties ? Such a thing should remain unknown.

As are whatever spoilers you have in mind. And anything that could hint to them.

Who knows what horrors, what unspeakable furies you could unleash with the mere touch of a few keyboard keys ?

Better not to tempt fate.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:04 pm

I think I know one of the secrets you're talking about Kipp. No idea on the other one though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Spoiler : everyone dies.

Eventually.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Spoiler : everyone dies.

Eventually.
Dangit Harm this is why we can't have nice things.

Loved the unexpected (for me anyway) chapter on Friday. Needed something to improve my mood at the time given all I've been putting up with for the last two weeks- that Lacunae scene will just about do it.

Keep it up guys. Thank you!
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Vergil wrote:Dangit Harm this is why we can't have nice things.
Luna

Harm the Despoiler
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Anyway, talk about the chapter...

The Splendid / Glory thing... I expect we haven't seen the end of it. It's probably going to come bite Glory and Blackjack's relationship in the ass later on. I'm pretty sure about it.

The question is how, and when.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Somber wrote:There's one other reason that I believe the Glory / Splendid union was plausible beyond hormones.  She's in Dash's body, and she's been influenced by the body's wiring and inclination, and Rainbow Dash in FoE was straight.  So it pushed her to a yes.  If she was in her own body she would have been far more resistant and would have said no, like she's said every time she cycled back home. 
For that matter, Dash canonically has impulse control issues, and we've already seen that Glory is borrowing some of that.  Glory has had a scant few weeks to learn to mitigate her new instinct to follow impulses.

Also, Splendid is incredibly attractive (as previously stated in the text), so this strikes me as more of a set of perfect circumstances rather than anything else.

O. Hinds wrote:
Somber wrote:I hope this doesn't become a legate thing, because I can't change it much.  I can add that comment about Dash's body if it helps though.
Eh... We can do it if you think we need to, but I'd rather not.  I think that it's entirely plausible as is, without further clarification.

The fact that Glory slept with Splendid bothered me a lot less than Glory essentially saying Blackjack as a free pass for one screw in the future.  Isn't this Glory cashing in the free pass BJ gave her (which she, at the time, rejected) after they made up after the whole thing with Stygius?  They're even now, so BJ shouldn't have another free pass, unless it's just Glory giving up on convincing BJ to be monogamous.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:58 pm

FeatherDust wrote:The fact that Glory slept with Splendid bothered me a lot less than Glory essentially saying Blackjack as a free pass for one screw in the future.  Isn't this Glory cashing in the free pass BJ gave her (which she, at the time, rejected) after they made up after the whole thing with Stygius?  They're even now, so BJ shouldn't have another free pass, unless it's just Glory giving up on convincing BJ to be monogamous.
Or maybe it's Glory feeling guilty and not wanting to come off as hypocritical ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Feather Duster wrote:The fact that Glory slept with Splendid bothered me a lot less than Glory essentially saying Blackjack as a free pass for one screw in the future.  Isn't this Glory cashing in the free pass BJ gave her (which she, at the time, rejected) after they made up after the whole thing with Stygius?  They're even now, so BJ shouldn't have another free pass, unless it's just Glory giving up on convincing BJ to be monogamous.

^This is something I agree with, as well as what Last and OAC previously stated. Glory is now even and that's that. Of course BJ probably doesn't see it that, but more less Glory could of said that and maybe, just maybe Blackjack would've gotten the idea that it's a serious deal, that may also be because I don't think Glory would be so willing to just give up on convincing BJ of monogamy since that's been basically ingrained in her since she was a foal

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:09 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Also, ugh, for some reason Gdocs thinks that pretty much every single word in Chapter 6 is misspelled.  It even offers suggestions!  "every->Did you mean Ebery?"
Check your language settings.  That usually means you accidentally got switched into German dictionary mode or something.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
Feather Duster wrote:The fact that Glory slept with Splendid bothered me a lot less than Glory essentially saying Blackjack as a free pass for one screw in the future.  Isn't this Glory cashing in the free pass BJ gave her (which she, at the time, rejected) after they made up after the whole thing with Stygius?  They're even now, so BJ shouldn't have another free pass, unless it's just Glory giving up on convincing BJ to be monogamous.

^This is something I agree with, as well as what Last and OAC previously stated. Glory is now even and that's that. Of course BJ probably doesn't see it that, but more less Glory could of said that and maybe, just maybe Blackjack would've gotten the idea that it's a serious deal, that may also be because I don't think Glory would be so willing to just give up on convincing BJ of monogamy since that's been basically ingrained in her since she was a foal
Well, Blackjack was also brought up in a environment for which polygamy was the natural state of things and where monogamy was seen as something deviant.

What I think we're seeing is one "winning" (by forfeit) the other to its views, somewhat.

And don't get me wrong, this is going to cause drama sooner or later. But I think things have been leading up to that for a while now.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:24 pm

So, not one but FOUR examples of Boo's Weird Luck thing this time around.

First, when BJ spikes the crown off the floor and it neatly lands on Boo's head.  I can't help feeling there's some kind of symbolism with that.

Second, during the kidnapping, one of the kidnappers randomly trips right after releasing Boo, his gun goes off, and he knocks a cart chassis loose to crush him and his buddy.

Third, perhaps most weirdly, Boo seems to be responding to Dealer's comments.  She clearly wasn't in on the discussion at first, giving BJ a confused look at the 'talking to the air', and then she started seeming to respond to it, almost as if once she knew BJ was talking to somebody it took her some time to tune into the right frequency.  But even if she could hear it, there's no WAY our little Boo could understand a complicated discussion of ethics, so what's going on here?  I got nothin'.

Fourth, when the Goddess ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL of Blackjack, Boo was scared for a few seconds, and then seemed to just understand that she wasn't in danger, and that this wasn't Blackjack doing this stuff.

Actually one last thing, possibly even weirder than #3 above... Boo was embarrassed about having been in the room while BJ was masturbating.  That's not only a sign of her increasing "personhood", it suggests she's picking up social mores from somewhere other than her interaction with Blackjack and the others.  An animal doesn't care who's around at a time like that; why would a blank?  And nothing they've been through that I can see should have instilled a sense that sexual activity is something private that should not be intruded on.  So where's that coming from?
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:38 pm

It has been suggested I think (or maybe I'm just inventing that on the spot) that Boo may have become "tuned" to Blackjack, which might explain :

- Why Boo can apparently see and hear things only Blackjack can.

- Why Boo reacted the way she did to BJ masturbating in front of her : it's in fact BJ projecting a feeling of shame onto Boo, which made Boo "feel" "embarrassed".

- Why Boo was distraught when separated from Blackjack for a long period of time : she's become a part of her, to some extent.

As for the weird luck of Boo... well, we know that she is born of Discord's blood. We also know that Blackjack got kissed by Discord. And it's become pretty evident that Boo isn't your run of the mill blank, but that there is something special about here - One In A Million. Blackjack's cutie mark also represent a game of luck and gamble. And if Boo got "tuned" into Blackjack...

I may be reading too much into that.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:It has been suggested I think (or maybe I'm just inventing that on the spot) that Boo may have become "tuned" to Blackjack, which might explain :

- Why Boo can apparently see and hear things only Blackjack can.

- Why Boo reacted the way she did to BJ masturbating in front of her : it's in fact BJ projecting a feeling of shame onto Boo, which made Boo "feel" "embarrassed".

- Why Boo was distraught when separated from Blackjack for a long period of time : she's become a part of her, to some extent.

As for the weird luck of Boo... well, we know that she is born of Discord's blood. We also know that Blackjack got kissed by Discord. And it's become pretty evident that Boo isn't your run of the mill blank, but that there is something special about here - One In A Million. Blackjack's cutie mark also represent a game of luck and gamble. And if Boo got "tuned" into Blackjack...

I may be reading too much into that.
Wait, Blackjack masturbated in front of her? I don't remember that part.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Kippershy wrote:Wait, Blackjack masturbated in front of her? I don't remember that part.
From chapter 56, ante-penultimate page :

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next